Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Purpose: To enhance the selection of category, terms or codes from the long select list of Format categories, terms and codes, when doing create, and update of an instance record.
User story: As a cataloger who is creating/editing instance records, I want to have type-ahead in the look up of "Format" fields value of Instance record > Descriptive data accordion so I get some guidance as to which Format to select from the long select list defined in Settings.
- Go to FOLIO Snapshot stable, and the Inventory app
- When creating a new instance record, or updating an existing then click on the edit icon in the upper right corner
- When I want to assign a Format term
- And I want to get a full overview of all the possible Format terms
- I click on the Look up icon
- And I get a complete list of all categories, terms, and codes - column B, C, D in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1scRQl09jroOy-c_emITk3EQ6lkj7XPRlkupPNuL-FfM/edit#gid=135758797
- When I want to assign a more specific format term, and I have a fairly good idea about which term to use, but not quite sure
- Then I type into the Format fields in the Descriptive data section
- Then FOLIO should provide auto-complete suggestions based on the Format defined in the Settings > Inventory > Instance > Format list
- Given a Format in FOLIO has a term with the begin letters "aud"
- When I type "a", "au", "aud" into the Format term field in the Descriptive data section
- Then FOLIO should provide following modal, to select from
- Category: Audio
- audio cartridge
- audio cylinder
- audio disc
- audio roll
- audio wire reel
- audiotape reel
- Given I select any of the Format terms in the pop-up model, the value pair data in category, and code will be applied automatically in the Format fields in the edit form, so e.g.
- I select term: audio roll, and
- then as auto complete following data is entered by the system:
- category: Audio
- code: sq
- Given I want to edit in the Format code field, and enter a code with the begin letters "sg"
- When I type "s", "sg" into the Format code field in the Descriptive data section
- Then FOLIO should provide following auto-complete suggestion
- Format category element: Audio
- Format term element: audio cartridge
Kimie will work on a UX wire frame showing the lookup modal etc.
A similar feature is implemented in the Location Detail section (
Will use the look-up icon - https://discuss.folio.org/t/ux-exploration-pattern-look-up/1880