Overview: Implement in Inventory, the newly developed functionality Results List Column Chooser, where the user per session can define which columns to display in a given app, here Inventory. The selection of columns is defined in the Actions menu, with a list of columns being check marked as shown, or unchecked and therefore being hidden in the Result list display. This functionality is implemented in Users.
As a staff user I want to optimize my display of search result, so the screen display of the MCL has the most optimal layout and use of screen estate for my purpose.
- Log into FOLIO Snapshot as diku_admin
- Go to Inventory, and click the Actions menu
- When viewing the list of actions,
- then the action menu has two subheadings in grey colored text
- Show columns
- When viewing the Actions menu
- then the action menu is displayed (as we always have seen if, depending on permissions, and if the current behavior is functioning
- When click on the check mark
- Then the given column is unselected
- and will be hidden from the display in the result list
We recently added a "Results List Column Chooser"-feature for ui-users which makes it possible for the user to choose which columns they want to see in the results list.
Note: It's currently using sessionStorage to store the preferred columns but the plan is to persist it on a user-level via. the API at some point.
I just wanted to share the PR because this UX pattern is most likely going to be implemented in most UI modules that includes a list view.
While the implementation obviously will vary, the components (and the props) needed for building the UI can be found in stripes-components:
MenuSection (Useful for dividing the action menu into sections)
MultiColumnList (supports updating column visibility via. the visibleColumns-prop)
Here's the PR:
Preview the changes here: