Purpose: As a cataloger I want to see the unique FOLIO Holdings ID (UUID) when viewing my record for the purpose of e.g. catalogers to copy and paste unique reference to an item record into e.g. notes to a colleague.
See specification, row 3: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kdYx63J0KoqR3-LUHuPAzERgj8WE0OQ08rzuCaJaHWs/edit#gid=139536469
- Log in to FOLIO testing, go to the Inventory app
- Go to the detailed view of any given instance record with holdings data
- Click on 'Viewing Holdings' and view the detailed holdings record
- The Holdings ID (UUID) is the first listed metadata element
- the Holdings ID is labeled 'Holdings ID'
- When viewing the detail page of the Holdings record
- The Holdings ID is a non-editable element
Out of scope for this story:
It has been a MM-SIG SME request to get human readable UUID. Later the display of the unique ID (UUID) maybe will be replaced by a 'human readable' UUID.
This awaits technical decision on how to create 'human readable' record ID.