Overview: OCLC numbers are searchable in the search option: Identifer (All), but only in the form the data is being entered or migrated into the Resource identifier data element.
When searching by OCLC number, FOLIO allows for OCLC numbers to be entered in a variety of ways and it will therefor be of high relevance to be able to search on OCLC, normalized.
Usecases: (provided by 5C)
As a cataloger I want to be able to search on OCLC number with the structure of (OCoLC)ocn(or ocm,on)number. It would be great to be able to search by OCLC in 3 ways:
- using the prefix (OCoLC)26621534
- using the indexing and prefix (OCoLC)ocm26621534
- using just the number 26621534
Documentation: More examples gathered in following spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17L4kMTwfg7Ed3_GSpMZd3sjw1p3Ikp5zVcSDrP21mpY/edit#gid=0
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot, go to Inventory
- When a user wants to search on the normalized OCLC number then following search options are in focus of this story:
- OCLC, normalized – this search option is displayed in the Instance segment in the list of Identifier (All) search options; after: - ISSN
(Charlotte - will add more text when requirements are ready)