Purpose: Source is an element in the holdings record in Inventory. Source defines whether the holdings record is created in FOLIO format, and maintained in Inventory - then source is labelled FOLIO; or the record is created in MARC, and maintained in the MFHD format using MARCcat, and there is stored an underlying MARC formated holdings record in SRS.
Usecase: As a cataloger/technical,staff I want to search and filter my holdings records on Source, e.g. when I prepare a search for export of a list with UUIDs.
The source is in the Holdings record, in the accordion Administrative data - see:
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot , and go to Inventory
- When the holdings segment is selected
- Then filter for Source is listed in the order according to UIIN-760 (after: Statistical code ; and by May 2020, while filtering on Statistical code is not yet implemented, then after Suppress from discovery, and before Tags (which is not MVP)).
- When looking at the list of filters
- Then the Source filter is displayed collapsed by default
- When click on the little caret
- Then the filter will be unfold
- When selecting FOLIO
- Then the search will be narrowed down by a CQL search: holdingsRecords.source == "FOLIO"
- When selecting MARC
- Then the search will be narrowed down by a CQL search: holdingsRecords.source == "MARC"
Similar filter is to be implemented in the instance record – see
A supporting search index is to be expected, just as we have a search index for filtering on source in the Instance segment -
MODINVSTOR-500. See MODINVSTOR-515.