Overview: In Inventory the libraries can choose whether to maintain holdings records directly in Inventory, or choose to maintain the holdings record in MARC Format for Holdings (MFHD) - https://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/. If maintaining the holdings record in MARC, then the underlying MFHD record is stored in SRS, and the MFHD records are being maintained in MARCcat (potentially also quickMARC - TBD).
In the holdings record there will be a new
required optional data element Source. This element is auto-populated by the system and not possible to manual edit by the user.
The values for the holdings source data element are implemented as reference records - see
- Log into FOLIO Snapshot, go to Inventory
- Go to any holdings record in, drill down to the Administrative accordion
- When viewing the data elements in Detailed view
- Then a new
requiredoptional data element labelled Source is displayed to the right of the Holdings HRID, as shown in the UX mock up of the detailed view of the holdings record:
- MM-SIG recommendation - https://docs.google.com/document/d/1S4sDQ7SHOzhu8qI2yUKOHDoDdu3C_ABDAJRLn6JHYY0/edit
- MARC Holdings-Inventory Holdings mapping spread sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ac95azO1R41_PGkeLhc6uybAKcfpe6XLyd9-F4jqoTo/edit#gid=73689427
Out of scope - for this story, and to be defined in
UXPROD-1448 story/stories and other features:
- When the source is MARC, then edit of corresponding data elements in the holdings record are blocked for editing in Inventory, and the underlying MARC Holdings record, and will be edited in MARCcat (later also in quickMARC - TBD)
- Listing all data elements which is intended to be editable in Inventory when the source is MARC - is also a topic TBD later.
- as discussed in
MODINVSTOR-542the short term implementation is to make holdings source an optional element. Maybe at a later point we need to define it as required (that will be a breaking change)