Purpose: Call number type is an element in the holdings and the item record. This story is about the Call number type in the Holdings record. Call number type defines what schema a given call number is following, e.g. Dewey Decimal classification, Library of Congress classification, and UDC.
The filter for Call number type is one of the collapsed filters in the Filter & Search pane in the Holdings segment. The implementation here is quite similar to what has been implemented in Inventory already, e.g. Material type in the Item segment.
- Login to FOLIO Snapshot, go to Inventory
- When the Holdings segment is selected
- Then filter for Call number type is listed in the order according to UIIN-760 (after: Permanent location and before: Holdings type). The Call number type filter is displayed collapsed by default.
- Reference values for Call number types are defined in Settings > Inventory > Holdings, Item > Call number types
- When selecting "Library of Congress classification" in the drop down menu
- Then the search result is narrowed down to only return holdings record whit the Call number type defined as Library of Congress classification