Purpose: When creating or editing a Data Import Field mapping profile, we want the screen to mirror the create/edit screen for the existing record as much as possible.
Here are the record types we will need Field mappings for:
- Inventory Instance
- Inventory Holdings
- Inventory Item
- Order+Order line (2 screens, need to be mappable as 1)
- Invoice+Invoice line (2 screens, need to be mappable as 1)
For SRS records, will probably just have a table format, not a pretty UI screen
Still TBD - do we need some sort of mapping for MARCcat record types, or can we just derive from SRS records.
Record type priorities:
2. Acquisitions (orders and invoices)
Aim to be able to start building by 12 August 2019
Factors to consider:
- When creating/editing a record, a user fills data into the various fields, selects from dropdown lists, or marks checkboxes. For the mapping screen, instead of filling in data, the user will fill in a mapping (or possible a cascade of mappings) based on the incoming record type. Instead of a mapping, they may also fill in a constant data value. We're still working out the syntax for all of this.
- Some of the record schema are still evolving. How do we ensure that our create/edit screen stays synchronized with the current version of the other app's create/edit screen?
- The data mapping will be associated with an action, and will act on an incoming file based on the job's match + action criteria. For example, try to match the incoming record on the barcode number. If not match is found, then Create a new Item. At that point, the associated field mapping kicks in to gather data from the incoming record and organize it according to the instructions in the field mapping profile, preparing it to go to Inventory and build a new item record.
- What else?