Status: Blocked (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
As a librarian
I want to know the baseline specifications for importing MARC authority records
So I can successfully import MARC authority records
Full scenario: Test the entire process to create authority records via data import FROM the time user hits Run import TO job = Complete AND thus uploaded records are available via MARC authority app
- What is the recommended maximum file size a user can upload to create MARC authority records?
- How many MARC authority records can be created in 30 minutes?
- How many MARC authority records can be created in an hour?
- How long will it take to create 1,000 MARC authority records via data import?
- How long will it take to create 5,000 MARC authority records via data import?
- How long will it take to create 10,000 MARC authority records via data import?
- How long will it take to create 20,000 MARC authority records via data import
- These imports typically happen during the day when a lot of other actions/workflows within FOLIO are happening
- Typically there is only one batch import of MARC authority records happening BUT we should test
- 2 Create MARC authority jobs happening at the same time
- A Create MARC authority job is happening at the same time as a Create/Update MARC bib or FOLIO instance records
- Should we consider multi-tenant environments?
- quickMARC_NFRs (see first tab and rows that are highlighted in peach) https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/10GiFrfZee8aY8PcE0JJxf-lWtMkddFWnOYo_tiKYXrs/edit#gid=0
- See section for getting MARC authority records - https://wiki.folio.org/display/FOLIJET/MARC+Resources
- Data import > Performance testing documentation
Based on testing, we will define the following for importing MARC authority records
- Maximum file size OR maximum number of records that can be uploaded at the same time
- Avg time it will take to upload up to
- 1,000 records
- 5,000 records
- 10,000 records
- 20,000 records
- Overall, we want to ensure that a librarian has the details s/he needs to successfully use data import to create MARC authority records. We want to set expectations.