Purpose: To have a way to adjust the locale for an individual session without disrupting other users using the same user ID or tenant.
NOTE: This is only a temporary setting to use while lots of translating and testing is happening, so that users changing locales for the shared environments does not cause tenant-wide confusion. It will be disabled or reconfigured at some point in the future.. This is NOT the actual user-level or parallel text localizations that are described in other stories.
Dealing with locale issues and questions on Slack and Discuss started taking more time than it would to simply make a quick settings page that would allow a user to change the locale used by stripes, this page allows a user to change the locale used by stripes.
As a staff person
I want to be able to change the locale for a particular session
So that I can review/edit translations and localizations for that particular locale without disrupting other FOLIO users using the same logon and tenant.
- Scenario 1
- Given the Settings app
- When a User clicks the Developer section of the Settings app
- Then a new option for Session locale should display in the list of Developer settings (second pane). See attachment 1-Setting Session Locale Option.PNG
- Scenario 2
- Given the option for Session Locale
- When a user clicks it
- Then display a third pane with the current list of locale settings, in alphabetical order, with each one as a selectable button. See attachment 2-Settings Session Locale Details.PNG
- Scenario 3
- Given the various listed session locales
- When a user selects a session locale different from their current setting
- Then change the locale for that session to the selected one. See attachment 3-Settings Session Locale Demo.mp4
- NOTE: there is no "save" button, and the setting will not persist from session to session.
- Scenario 4
- Given the selected session locale (e.g. change the session locale to German, but the tenant locale is set to English-US)
- When a user opens another session of the same FOLIO tenant, same user ID
- Then the second sessions should still be in the locale of the FOLIO tenant, the session locale (e.g. second session should be in English US, not German). See attachment 4-Multiple Sessions.mp4