Type: New Feature
Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
The text of
UXPROD-1304, describing which searches are needed, is unclear in places. The last update to that issue was a comment linking to a Google Docs mockup at https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1-fPAYq_osCCeGK78XtOUjEncylHXdJ9Ary4NzHUGfc0/edit#slide=id.p — since this is most recent instruction, I am following that until told otherwise.
Based on the Google Docs mockup, the specific searches we need to support for the Course Search feature are as follows:
- Free text (chosen from a dropdown, I guess):
- All fields
- Course name (name)
- Course code (courseNumber)
- Instructor (courseListingObject.instructorObjects.name)
- Registrar ID (courseListingObject.registrarId)
- External ID (courseListingObject.externalId)
- Dropdowns (each collapsible as in Invenory)
- Course department (departmentId)
- Course type (courseListingObject.courseTypeId)
- Term (courseListingObject.termId)
- Active/Inactive/Pending (courseListingObject.termObject.startDate, courseListingObject.termObject.endDate)
- Location (courseListingObject.locationId) — NOTE can be omitted if it entails additional development work due to the cross-app inventory searching.
The last of these (term start- and end-dates) will need to support inequality searching; the others are all exact-value searches, probably with truncation for the keyword ones.
The text of
UXPROD-1304 also mentions "Cross-listed #" (but I am not sure what that means) and "Service Desk" (but we have removed that from the UI). So I think the list above is exhaustive for course searching. (See also UICR-31 for the Item Search facility.)