Overview: A patron block only applies to the person who the block has been applied to. If the patron is acting as a proxy for another patron, any blocks in place for the proxy should not impact the proxy's ability to check out items for the sponsor.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into https://bugfest-honeysuckle.folio.ebsco.com/ as folio (admin).
- Create a manual patron block for an active test user (or find a user with an automated patron block in effect). I will call this user Patron A.
- Find another active test user, which we will call Patron B. Edit Patron B's User Information to make Patron A a 'proxy' for Patron B (who will be known as the 'sponsor').
- Now go to Check out and enter the barcode for Patron A (the 'proxy').
- First the 'Who are you acting as?' modal will appear asking if the patron is checking out the items for themselves or for someone who has sponsored them...
- Select Patron B, the person Patron A is acting as a proxy for...
...then press the Continue button.
- Patron A is able to check out items for Patron B, because Patron B does not have a patron block. The patron block modal should not appear at all.
- Patron A is blocked from checking out items for Patron B due to the patron block that Patron A has...
...and borrower information on the left has been cleared away.
- On occasion I have noticed that the patron block modal appears first. This should not happen. The proxy modal should always appear first.