- Go to Checkout, and check out an item to a patron
- Call patron-action-session-storage/patron-action-sessions to verify that a checkout session is ongoing for that patron
- Wait for the checkout session to close (in the Chalmers env it's set to 2 mintues)
- Call patron-action-session-storage/patron-action-sessions to verify that the above checkout session no longer exists
- Check the inbox of the patron to verify that a checkout receipt for the session has been sent
There is a new e-mail containing a checkout receipt for the checkout session.
There is only one checkout-by-barcode request registered during the checkout session, so I am pretty sure that I have not accidentally "checked out the item twice" during the same session. There are, however, three individual POST requests - with different id values - to end-patron-action-session.
When I tried checking out the item again and ending the checkout session manually using the UI button, I only received one e-mail (and could see only one POST request to end-patron-action-session).