Overview: This problem was first discovered by Holly on February 5, 2021, and reported as a comment on user story
Hi! While testing this at https://folio-snapshot.dev.folio.org/ I uncovered two errors. The attached screen print from Fees/Fines History (Test-cases-3-and-4-errors.jpg) shows the errors.
- The Lost item fee is being cancelled, but the remaining balance is not being set to 0.00. It should be.
- The Lost item processing fee is not being cancelled at all. It should be. If the patron was billed both fees, they should both be cancelled. Some patron will only be billed one fee, but many will have both.
Please let me know if you have further questions.
The remaining balance is now being set to 0.00 (see #1 above), but fee/fine is still showing up on Open Fees/Fines page.
The Lost item processing fee is still not being cancelled (see item #2 above). User story UICHKIN-225 is now closed, so Holly created a bug for this problem, which is still happening on SNAPSHOT.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into https://folio-snapshot.dev.folio.org/ as an admin
- Create a Loan Policy that looks like this...
- Create an Overdue Fine Policy that looks like this...
- Create a Lost Item Fee Policy that looks like this...
- Create a Circulation Rule that uses the policies you just created...
- Check out a book to a patron using the Circulation Rule you set up.
- Wait for the item to aged to lost (Item Status=Aged to lost), which runs on the hour and half hour
- Wait for the item to be billed lost item fees (Lost item fee of 100.00 and Lost item processing fee of 25.00), which runs 15 minutes after the aged to lost process.
- From within Loan Details, mark the item as "Claimed returned" (which will suspend the Lost item fee of 100.00 and Lost item processing fee of 25.00.
- Then check the item in, selecting "Found by library".
- Lost item fee is cancelled and listed on the Closed Fees/Fines page.
Lost item processing fee is cancelled.
See attachment Open-fees-fines-page.jpg for details...
- Lost item fee is cancelled, but still showing up on Open Fees/Fines page. Should have been moved to Closed Fees/Fines page.
Lost item processing fee is has not been cancelled.