Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
Sprint:EPAM-Veg Sprint 18, EPAM-Veg Sprint 19, EPAM-Veg Sprint 23, EPAM-Veg Sprint 24, EPAM-Veg Sprint 25, EPAM-Veg Sprint 26
Overview: When a duplicate term is entered in controlled vocab CRUD component in Settings, the addition silently fails. It's good that it fails, but there should be some messaging that it failed because it was not unique. This applies in e.g. Settings > Inventory > Holdings, Holdings type, and Settings > Inventory > Instance, Holdings, Item > Call number type and more (basically everywhere this component is used in both Inventory and User settings.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into http://folio-snapshot.aws.indexdata.com as diku_admin
- Go to Settings > Inventory > Holdings, Holdings type, and Settings > Inventory > Instance, Holdings, Item > Call number type and more (basically anywhere the controlled vocab CRUD component is used in both Inventory and User settings.
- Create a new term with the same Name as an existing term
- The system displays the following information: "<<field label>> already exists." in red and below field with the duplicate value.
- Do not display a horizontal scrollbar
- And backend error message "Error:Error on saving data" should not display.
Actual Results: New term can't be saved (which is fine), but no message is generated by the system.
OR if you go to Loan types then a horizontal scrollbar displays and error message displays out of view. See screenshot.
Ensure that this work applies to all fields that does not allow duplicates in the following Settings areas:
– Tenant > Location setup > Institution