Uploaded image for project: 'RAML Module Builder'
  1. RAML Module Builder
  2. RMB-943

Some dates are not deserialized properly



    • Bug
    • Status: Open (View Workflow)
    • P2
    • Resolution: Unresolved
    • None
    • None
    • CP: Sprint 154, CP: Sprint 155, CP: Sprint 156, CP: sprint 157, CP: Sprint 158, CP: Sprint 159, CP: Sprint 160
    • Core: Platform
    • Not Scheduled
    • TBD


      Reproduction and initial investigation

      Having done some investigation to reproduce this, it also affects fetching the user and
      searching. All of which fail for a user with a date of birth of 0000-01-01.

      If the date of birth is provided on user creation, then I believe the record is created in the database however the API request fails (with a 500 error). This does not happen for the edit because that does not deserialize the updated representation from the database when responding.

      I have removed the records that I used for manual testing from the snapshot environment, otherwise folks

      Possible underlying cause
      The invalid value (0000-01-01) gets converted to +0000-01-01T00:00:00.000+00:00 when it is stored in the database, which when retrieved causes the following deseralization error:

      com.fasterxml.jackson.databind.exc.InvalidFormatException: Cannot deserialize value of type `java.util.Date` from String "+0000-01-01T00:00:00.000+00:00": not a valid representation
      It is this asymmetry (the value is allowed on the way in and not on the way out) that causes this situation to occur.

      As the serialization / deseralization of the record is done by Jackson configured by RMB, I think we are likely going to need the assistance of the Core Platform team to identify what needs to be done to rectify this.

      TestRail: Results


          Issue Links



                julianladisch Julian Ladisch
                jakub Jakub Skoczen
                0 Vote for this issue
                7 Start watching this issue



                  TestRail: Runs

                    TestRail: Cases