Status: Draft (View Workflow)
There's an increasing need for a test environment which allows for platform-level operations to be easily tested. This serves as a place to capture the requirements/use-cases which will help drive the effort to create such an environment.
- Start from a well-defined platform release (e.g. Honeysuckle GA). Deploy the latest snapshot versions of the platform (a la folio-testing/snapshot), and perform an upgrade.
- Doing this on a module-by-module basis is too tedious and time consuming, we need the ability to specify something like a branch of platform-complete, or provide an install.json file, etc.
- Having an "upgrade to latest" feature would be a huge time-saver (for example using the module list published at https://folio-testing.dev.folio.org/okapi-install.json ).
- Given a branch of RMB or a specific backend module, we want to be able to perform a complete system upgrade and do some basic smoke testing
- Logs must be accessible
- We should be able to shut down the environment to save on costs - no need for it to be up 24/7.
- The version and number of okapi instances must be adjustable.