Status: Closed (View Workflow)
App name/area of issue: Users (loans)
Brief statement of issue: Renew
- Note: scope of this is only renew, not renewing through override
How many users at any given time: Many
Volume of data
Expected response time
Outline steps for test
- Navigate to a user’s open loans (user has > 100 loans)
- Select all open loans for the user (number of items to renew > 10)
- Click renew
- Close feedback
- Out of scope: overriding failed renewals.
(For context, not for performance test): User can also renew individual loans on the loan details page, or by opening the action menu for an individual loan on the patron’s open loans. Most libraries also allow patrons to renew through a “My account” feature. The instructions above are for renewing many items for a patron, not one item at a time.
Patrons may have hundreds of items checked out at once.
1) Create a script to add loans to a user based on the scenarios defined below.
2) Create a cleanup script to run after running the test
Scenarios (can be adjusted as we run the tests)
- 10 loans (1 and 5 users (maybe 8))
- 50 loans (1 and 5 users (maybe 8))
- 100 loans (1 and 5 users (maybe 8))
- 200 loans (1 and 5 users (maybe 8))
The outcomes of the test runs should be documented in a report.