Effective location is a derived field that is populated with the location data either from holdings or items records according to the logic described here.
Each location consists out of hierarchical data that includes: institution, campuses, libraries and locations. Each location has a code and a name. When creating the facets for effective location we need to take into consideration that in large institutions (consortia, for example) there might be hundreds of locations and the user might be interested only in locations associated with just one library.
1. Instance search based on the item.effectiveLocationId https://github.com/folio-org/mod-inventory-storage/blob/c77c670cc054ad4afadfec647d69a1641d43fa2d/ramls/item.json#L306
2. Facet should be on two levels:
- Library as level 1 ( "name" and "code" elements)
- Location as level 2 ("name and "code" elements)
- Search returns accurate hit count
- Instances with holdings but not items records are included in the search as well
- User can narrow down from library to location
- User can limit instances search by location data associated with items or holdings
Current CQL query example:
(item.effectiveLocationId=="fcd64ce1-6995-48f0-840e-89ffa2288371") sortby title
matches: instances that have items associated with Main Library location
The request GET /location-units/libraries returns
Request GET /locations returns: