The purpose of this story is to provide an option for searching the instance record by HRID when the partial or the whole value are provided:
1. searches against Instance's hrid field (the field is string type)
2. HRID search supports following searches:
- "inst*" search will return all instances that have HRID starting with or equal to "inst"
- "inst" search wont match any instance unless there is a record that matches exactly the phrase
- "inst000000001222" will return only the instance with matching HRID
- "*1222" returns all records that have HRID ending on 1222.
- "*1222*" returns all records that contain 2, including records ending with 1222
- "ins*1222" will return instances starting with "ins" and ending with "1222"
- Accurate record count provided
- If multiple results fulfill the search then the results are ranked based on term frequency, inverse document frequency and field length
- Supports search by whole or partial value
Out of scope:
- Autocomplete functionality - covered by
- Performance testing (suggested response under 5s for 10M records)
- UI implementation