The current implementation of the title search includes searches by title, alternativeTitle, indexTitle and series. There are, however, use cases that the librarian would like to search by the specified uniform title. This is especially important for the music libraries.
- Add search option that will support uniform title search
- The search will occur in the alternativeTitle field when the title type is set to Uniform title
- Not all records will have Uniform title populated.
- The key to the Uniform title should be retrieved by the call to /alternative-title-types. Since this is user specified value - it is possible that it will not be present - this needs to be handled gracefully as well
- The search by uniform title should follow the same rules as search by title
- The existing behavior of search by the title does not change
- User can search by uniform title only, and the search returns only the records that have matching values in alternative title when the title type is set to Uniform Title
- Missing data is handled gracefully