To see how this JIRA issue integrates with the other automated patron blocks JIRA issues please see the diagram at https://drive.google.com/file/d/1D9tZE-EgTZYRV28Wc2ghpfHIdnqBwpr2/view?usp=sharing
Purpose: Provide API to retrieve, update, create and delete blocks limits on the backend.
Each limit contains fields:
- patron group id
- condition id
- limit value
Conditions data should be exposed via new API endpoints:
- /patron-blocks/limits (GET, POST)
- /patron-blocks/limits/[id] (GET, PUT, DELETE)
- The first field, "Maximum outstanding fee/fine balance" may be blank or a currency value between 0.01 and 9999.99.
- The remaining 5 fields have the same validation; they may be blank, 0, or a whole number from 1 to 999999.
The purpose of this user story is to allow an institution to set actions to be blocked, if any, for six initial situations and to set a custom message to be displayed.
The first step in this task to to change the design of the Settings ==> Users section of FOLIO to add a Patron Blocks section (in the second column) with two new sub-sections: Actions and Limits (as shown in the attached screen mock-up Patron-blocks-limits.jpg) This user story covers the "Limits" option and
UIU-1272 covers the "Actions" option.
The third column displayed, which is labeled Limits, is a list of all patron groups. When a new patron group is added, a new blank limits record must be created. When an existing patron group is deleted, the existing limits record must be deleted. When a patron group is renamed, the existing limits record must be renamed. This work will be covered in
For the patron group selected to set limits for, the six hard-coded situations that the institution may select to set up patron blocks for (also seen in the Patron Blocks Actions table) are presented for assigning limits:
* Maximum outstanding fee/fine balance
* Maximum number of items charged out
* Maximum number of lost items
* Maximum number of overdue items
* Maximum number of overdue recalls
* Recall overdue by maximum number of days
* "Maximum outstanding fee/fine balance" may be blank or a currency value between 0.01 and 9999.99. If user enters 0 or 0.00, display error message: A maximum balance of 0 will result in all patrons in this group being blocked; to skip this limit, leave value set to blank
* The remaining 5 fields have the same validation; they may be blank, 0, or a whole number from 1 to 999999. If user enters anything else, display error message: Must be blank or a number from 0 to 999999
* "Save" button should remain grayed out until all validation has been passed
After updating the record, a "success toast" should be displayed, as shown in attached screen mock-up Patron-blocks-limits-success.jpg.
Please see Holly with any questions or comments. Thanks!