Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: None
The job status indicator on the data-import page does not get updated and appears to be "stuck" at some percentage when there are issues in the background services, such as a premature ending when the messages on Kafka are truncated before they are consumed. When this happened, no more messages means no more notifications for other modules to complete the job The UI hangs at the last percentage that it reported.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set the Kafka's log.rentention.minutes to something small, but large enough, like 50 minutes, so that importing a 59K records file will take a long time.
- Import a 50K records file using the profile to create instances, holdings, and items.
- Wait for a couple of hours. Check that there are no new instance/holdins/or items created.
- View the job's description. Its completion percentage bar is not moving at ll
- The job would indicate "Error" or "Completed with errors"
- No progress of the job gets updated.
- This task only creates a way to end stuck jobs, not monitoring of the whole Data Import process