To allow the user to combine search criteria into a single query to the API endpoint. Criteria may be both within and between fields.
- Booleans supported are AND, OR, NOT
- Booleans may be grouped (1 AND 2) OR 3
- The search is exposed as a GET request to an API endpoint
- By default the search returns only records that are not suppressed from discovery
- Booleans may be used when querying any MARC fields that have been identified as searchable
- Results for queries with booleans are returned in under five minutes against a collection of 10 million SRS records