A-M: add MARCcat UI screenshot when possible.
Overview: Libraries sometimes want to suppress records from discovery by their patrons. Much of the discovery work involves harvesting SRS MARC Bib records via OAI-PMH. When a user updates this flag in the MARCcat Bib, the corresponding change should be made to the related SRS MARC Bib record, which then in turn updates the flag in the Inventory Instance record. This is not a field in the standard MARC record, so may not be covered by the regular MARCcat-SRS synchronization process.
- MARCcat MARC bib updating SRS MARC Bib is
- Parallel stories starting from the Inventory end are
- Given the SRS MARC bibliographic record
- When a change in the "Suppress from discovery" flag is triggered by a change in the MARCcat MARC Bib
- Then SRS should trigger the same change in the Inventory Instance record's "Suppress from discovery" flag (both Backend and UI)
- NOTE: For now, do a simple solution, but plan to move to pub-sub structure when available. That will need a separate story in the future.