I have been experimenting with deleting unwanted fields from the MARC bib. When I set up the job profile with 2 actions: create instance, then delete 947 field from marc bib, it works. When I put set it up with 3 actions: create instance, create holdings, then delete 947 field, it doesn’t work; I get a “stuck file”. Ditto when I set up 4 actions: create instance, create holdings, create item, delete 947 field from MARC bib. The order matters because the 947 field can only be deleted AFTER it has been used to create the barcode in the item record.
Workaround Not an easy one
Steps to Reproduce:
- Set up 4 data import action/mapping profile combos create instance, create holdings, create item (using 947 field as item barcode), delete 947 field from marc
- Set up job profile to run the actions in this order: create instance, create holdings, create item, delete 947
- Run job profile and check output
- Remember to change the barcode in 947 $a after each import; otherwise, item record creation will fail
Source marc record is created, instance, holdings, item records create; data from marc field 947 $a is used as item barcode. Field 947 should be deleted from marc source
- For case 1 (create Instance and MARC Bib, delete 947): Records are created but Field 947 isn't deleted from marc source.
- For case 2 (create Instance and MARC Bib, then Holdings, then delete 947): The job hangs
- For case 3 (create Instance and MARC Bib, then Holdings, then Item, then delete 947): The job hangs
Ann-Marie's result (case 3 only): The job hangs
Additional Information: See attached video (2 parts) and MARC file.