Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Affects Version/s: None
Fix Version/s: 4.1.4
Sprint:Folijet Sprint 105, Folijet Sprint 106
Release:Q3 2020 Hot Fix #1
Affected Institution:Lehigh, Simmons, Spokane Public Libraries
RCA Group:Legitimate regression
We receive batches of records to which we no longer have access. To handle this, we having been using the Data Import module to change the records to be marked "Suppress from Discovery". While the records show "Suppress from Discovery" in Inventory, the change is not making it to the SRS where it still shows: suppressDiscovery: false. If I manually make the change to a record to make it Suppress from Discovery, then in the SRS I see: suppressDiscovery: true.
Therefore - we have thousands of records in our public catalog that are not available and should not be showing up.
Steps to recreate manual change to Suppress from Discovery and Results
- Locate a record in bugfest-goldenrod.folio.ebsco.com (or other test environments. I tried a few and they all had the same results). For this example, I'm using HRID ak00005286181. It is not marked Suppress from Discovery:
- Viewing this in the browser using the Network Developer Tools I see, what I expect: suppressDiscovery: false
- Next I edit the Instance for this record and change it to Suppress from Discovery and click Save and Close. Now you can see that change reflected, both in the Instance record and the SRS. This is the expected result.
When you try the same operation, but use the batch import to do it, the results are different:
Steps to recreate batch change to Suppress from Discovery and Results
- Using the "magic button" I imported the attached file (file1.mrc). This resulted in the following new HRIDS:
- Next, after changing the 001 field of file1.mrc so they match the HRIDs in https://bugfest-goldenrod.folio.ebsco.com, I import them using a profile I built that should overlay the existing record and mark it "Suppress from Discovery" . The profile name as of the writing of this is "Lehigh-Mark Instance Suppress"
- Result: The FOLIO record says, "Suppress from Discovery", but the SRS record still says, suppressDiscovery: false. The expected result is that it will say suppressDiscovery: true
- If I manually unmark the "Suppress from Discovery", save the Instance record, then mark it "Suppress from Discovery", this is the result: