Performance testing is critical to the success of sending patron notice emails. We must have an understanding of what volume can be processed to set library expectations and determine what modifications/enhancements that must be done to support volume.
- Person(s) must gain a sound understanding of writing and running performance tests using jmeter
- Person(s) must identify what information and services are needed to support running performance/load tests for email sends
- Present findings to the Vega team
- Address any questions from presenting findings
- Create/Update performance user stories
- Determine a way to access performance test results
Timebox 24 hours
- Spitfire and Folijet have documentation on performance testing AND have created/run performance tests.