Purpose: Need a record in inventory linked to orders to understand what we currently have on order. Item records will also be important to Receiving and Checkin functions.
- One Item Record needs to be created in inventory per unit of physical/electronic quantity identified in the order record (full details are in
- Items need to be created within the Holding record that their unit of quantity has been associated with via the "Location" accordion on the PO Line.
This is a link to the document that maps order data fileds to item record data fields. https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1kdYx63J0KoqR3-LUHuPAzERgj8WE0OQ08rzuCaJaHWs/edit#gid=952741439
- Item records are created upon order transition to Open status
- the UUID of the po_line should be set in the purchaseOrderLineIdentifier field in the item record (refer to
MODINVSTOR-245for more details).
Data mapping between inventory (mod-inventory-storage) and acquisitions schemas based on following resources (to be used to create item in the inventory storage):
- Required Elements Inventory Beta - Metadata Elements
- Inventory Beta - Metadata Elements
- mod-inventory-storage - item.json
- Some clarification provided in
|Inventory schema property||Inventory property type||Value to be used|
|holdingsRecordId||string||Created or retrieved prior to item creation|
|status||object with only one property name of "string" type without "enum"||"on order" based on row #48 from Inventory Beta - Metadata Elements|
Note: according to Resource_Format_MaterialType.xlsx complex object might be introduced at some point
|po_line.details.material_types which is array of the string id's. The first one will be used and the rest ignored|
|permanentLoanTypeId||string||Loan types are available as reference-data: loan-types. This is required by the item.json schema (which contradicts to the information from Inventory Beta - Metadata Elements).
The "Can circulate" loan type will be used
- unit tests are updated (additional mocks required)
- api tests are updated (additional test assertions and cleanup required)
- item records are created as described above.