Investigate if existing GMU library provides enough functionality to support generating MARC records on the fly for OAI-PMH harvesting purpose. The behavior should be similar to generating MARC records for data export with the exception that the output is in marcxml.
This functionality will be applied to those Instance records which don't have underlying MARC records in SRS (i.e. Metadata source = FOLIO).
- Inventory instance record without underlying SRS record can be generated on the fly and included in the OAI-PMH harvest.
- Suppress from discovery flags are honored and if the Suppressed records processing is set to "Transfer suppressed records with discovery flag value" then the MARC record generated on the fly contains subfield "t" in 999 field populated accordingly.
- SRS MARC records are harvested as currently implemented
- If any gaps in the GMU library are discovered, they are documented and required stories are created
- Shared library for generating MARC bib records on the fly is used
- Feature-level design for generating MARC bib records on the fly
- Shared library with generating MARC records on the fly functionality
- Supported field mappings as listed in https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11lGBiPoetHuC3u-onVVLN4Mj5KtVHqJaQe4RqCxgGzo/edit?usp=sharing - Instance to MARC 2021 tab