Sometimes suppressed from discovery records shouldn't be skipped, but added to the response as well. In this case, the flag, which signals the instance record is suppressed, need to be included as part of this record.
Use suppressDiscovery field value in instance record to add a new subfield to FOLIO 999 data field:
- suppressDiscovery field should be mapped to 999 ff $t MARC field.
- 999 ff $t field could equal 0 (if suppressDiscovery=false) or 1 (if suppressDiscovery=true)
The new tenant-specific configuration setting needs to be provided, that will define in which way suppressed records are going to be processed:
- Skip suppressed from discovery records - instance record isn't included (is skipped) in the response if suppressDiscovery = true
- Transfer suppressed records with discovery flag value - instance record can be included in the response with suppressDiscovery flag in 999 ff $t field.
- Instance suppressDiscovery flag can be added to ListRecords/GetRecord response in 999 ff $t MARC field
- New configuration setting defines the suppressed records processing behavior
- true -> Transfer suppressed records with discovery flag value
- false -> Skip suppressed from discovery records
- Suppressed records processing setting is access-able for front-end