Purpose: (taken from UIIN-340) Enhance the functionality in Instance record, accordion Related instances with associating Related instances by using the instance look-up component - similar to what has been implemented for e.g. Instance relationship.
Use case: (taken from UIIN-340)
- As a cataloger I want to associate related titles to my instance record. A typical example can be, different editions, different material type; e.g. the printed version, of the audio book being cataloged, or the movie on dvd based on a printed book (the novel) etc.
- As a cataloger I find the related instances by using the instance look up component which search within Inventory to find, e.g. the audio book version of 'The girl on the train'
- Introduce a new reference record API (similar to instance relationship types) for related instance relationship types
- Add reference data for the following relationship types:
- Available in another form
- Constituent unit
- Data source
- Has subseries
- Has supplements
- Issued with
- Main series
- Other edition available
- Related item
- Supplement to
- Translated as