Purpose: Mark for delete means, that a cataloger, who do not hold the permission to do a deletion, is able to just do 'Mark item for delete' of a given item record by setting a boolean check mark in the item record. And then her cataloger colleague with super power and the permission to perform deletion, will go in and filter on all item records marked for delete, and then delete them one-by-one (and later in bulk mode).
Following action will be in scope of this story:
- Mark item for delete
Use case: As a cataloger I want to be able to mark any given item record for deletion.
- Login to FOLIO snapshot, go to Inventory
- Given any instance record, with associated holdings and item records
- When item record displayed in detailed view
- Then the Actions menu holds following actions:
- Given a "Mark item for delete" option in the actions drop-down
- When clicked
- Then a "Confirm mark for deletion" modal should appear as shown in wireframe
(insert wireframe - when available)
- Given the "Confirm mark for deletion" modal
- When displayed then the cataloger gets following message
- "Item HRID item000000000015, barcode 90000 has no dependencies and will be deleted."
- Given click on the 'Cancel' button
- Then the action is terminated
- The cataloger gets back to the detailed view of the given instance record in 3rd pane
- Given click on the 'Confirm' button
- Then the Mark for delete action is performed
- and a boolean is set on the record
- The cataloger gets back to the detailed view of the given item record.
- List of usecases gathered by the MM-SIG (10/18/2018) : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1XkHDYCfY5Xl7rpcP_MIg5ZAkQrbBfpsQ4rtNTEWSrdE/edit#gid=0