Purpose: To store the effective call number on the item record (uses item level call number, if available, otherwise uses the holding level one). This will allow us to:
- Support search of items on effective call number
- Provide data to reporting (they prefer to get stored data than to have to calculate on the fly)
- Store the data that needs to be further transformed into machine-sortable call number
- Possibly: serve as a component of a derived "call number block" which would assemble various call number related data elements into a single "block" for display throughout FOLIO (Loans, Loan details, Check in, Check out, Requests etc.)
- Given an item record
- When displayed (UI mockup and story still in progress)
- Then an Effective call number should display from a stored value
- Given the Effective call number field
- When displayed/stored
- Then use item-level "Call number", if available, otherwise, use holding-level "Call number"
NOTE: When developing this feature, please bear in mind that we will soon be implementing the ability to move items from one holding to another.