when the Initial contribution is started, as part of outbox implementation Kafka events are persisted in the job_execution_status table with status as READY. Spring scheduler picks the record for processing only when it is in READY or RETRY status,
The status will gets changed to IN_PROGRESS before processing by the scheduler.
After the above step , If the server is restarted immediately, the IN_PROGRESS records are not picked up by the scheduler for processing and as a result the records are not processed and Initial contribution is not ended up properly
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into rancher environment
- start the Initial contribution
- Now check the job_execution_status table, you can find the new records and change anyone of the records status manually to IN_PROGRESS.
- Now , restart the server.
- Spring scheduler will not pick the record with IN_PROGRESS status
- when the scheduler started again, it needs to pickup the IN_PROGRESS record and complete the record processing
We can change the status of IN_PROGRESS records to READY when the service is started. so that scheduler will pick the records which are in READY status