The current permission implementation does not address bulk edit permissions for holdings records. The implementation of permissions for holdings should be identical with inventory items because users because they belong to the same group of records: inventory. To simplify management of the permissions, this ticket will include the changes to the existing Bulk edit -in app permission to include holdings records bulk edit. The Bulk edit: In app - Update user records permission is not affected by this change.
Steps to Reproduce:
1. Create a user with following permissions:
- Bulk edit: In app - View
- Bulk edit: In app - Edit
- Export manager: All
- Inventory: All
2. Login in to FOLIO and navigate to Bulk edit
- Users records radio button is disabled
- Inventory -items and Inventory - holdings are enabled
- The bulk edit flow for inventory holdings can be executed (the permissions are as listed in
After the user uploads the file with identifiers, the progress bar appears but then it errors out
Export manager shows following error:
The same test on bulk edit perf returned following error:
1. Uploading Holdings identifiers with "Bulk Edit: In app - Edit" User faced with "Something went wrong" – from logs Error: "requires permission: inventory-storage.holdings.collection.get"