Test scenario 4 of
UIDATIMP-631 once this story is complete
Sample files that A-M used to test are attached
How to test:
- Create some protected field settings
- Create a MARC file that has protected fields plus variants on those fields (e.g. if 997$a is protected, include a 997 field with a $a and a separate 997 field with a $b)
- Import that file to create instances, using the secret button
- Make sure that all fields imported, including the protected ones
- Create an Instance field mapping that updates the cat date and status. Do not create a MARC update field mapping profile (which means that no protected fields will be overridden).
- Create a match profile for 910$a matching to Instance HRID or UUID
- Create a Test field protections job with the Match and then the Update instance action
- Edit the MARC file to contain the Instance HRID or UUID in 910$a and change all of the protected and variant fields.
- Import the updated file using the newly-created job
- Check the Instance and View MARC to confirm the protected fields were not updated and the variant fields were updated
- Create a MARC update field mapping profile that overrides some protected fields, plus an update MARC Bib action, and a match profile, matching on Instance HRID or UUID, and compile into a job profile called Test field protection overrides
- Edit the MARC file to update the protected fields and the variant fields
- Import the file using the new job profile
- Go to Inventory and view the Instance and View MARC to see what happened.
- Overridden and variant fields should update. Protected fields that are not overridden should not update.
Sample MARC files and a screenshot of field protections are attached