Status: Closed (View Workflow)
POPPY RELEASE IN
Overview: After creating a complicated job profile in Orchid Bugfest, user is unable to view the details of that job profile in the UI
Current workaround: None
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into Orchid Bugfest
- Go to https://bugfest-orchid.int.aws.folio.org/settings/data-import/job-profiles/view/92284042-246e-4258-aa5d-72b00e06f756?sort=name
- View the details of the job profile in the Overview section of the profile in the 3rd pane
Expected Results: Job profile details display
Actual Results: Three dots display, and the profile never displays
- Another user tried to retrieve the profile via API. The call went for over 7 minutes and then timed out
- Michigan State has also experienced this on a Nolana environment
- From Kateryna Senchenko: The reason for the profile not displaying details is that it uses "mirror" association - something like Match A has a sub-match 1, that has a sub-match 2, Match B has a sub-match 2, that has a sub-match 1. We construct associations between profile 1-on-1, and end up with two associations - sub-match 1 to sub-match 2, and sub-match 2 to sub-match 1. Therefore, details are not loading, as we are trying to construct them forever until run out of disc space.
- In scope of this ticket we added validation to prevent saving such associations in scope of one profile. This change is small, not risky and can be back-ported. Existing profiles will have to be corrected manually though (if that is not a common problem, let's discuss on our sync up).
- As a long term,
MODDICONV-310will solve this problem - all types of associations will be allowed. But that will be available only since Poppy.
ORCHID Critical service patch details
- Describe issue impact on business: User can create a complicated job profile on Orchid and Nolana, but then be unable to view the details of that job profile
- What institutions are affected? (field “Affected Institutions” in Jira to be populated) - All using complicated job profiles
- What is the workaround if exists? No simple workaround
- What areas will be impacted by fix (i.e. what areas need to be retested) Data import Smoke and Critical path tests, along with the job profile details cited above
- Brief explanation of technical implementation and the level of effort (in workdays) and technical risk (low/medium/high).
- Work is complete and the level of effort was medium.
- Technical implementation: Added validation for mirror associations. Disallowed creation of non-mirror-associate job profiles until the larger fix in
MODDICONV-310is complete. Existing problematic profiles will have to be identified and corrected manually, with Folijet's help
- Risk to backport: Minimal
- Brief explanation of testing required and level of effort (in workdays). Provide test plan agreed with by QA Manager and PO. Test case already exists and level of effort is .5 day
- What is the roll back plan in case the fix does not work? Revert to previous version