Status: Closed (View Workflow)
Overview: Imports of MARC Bib files on Nolana Bugfest take much longer than in the PTF environment. Review the Nolana BF logs to see if we can figure out why. Nolana PTF statistics: https://wiki.folio.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=96415164
Is it related to settings, configuration, other processes acting on Inventory at the same time, something else?
Nolana Import Jobs:
- All use the job profile BF - Create simple instance, holdings, items
- 10K records:
- Job 7983: https://bugfest-nolana.int.aws.folio.org/data-import/job-summary/c36c32e3-43b4-464b-9b31-c52de12c86e6
- Nolana BF time: 40 mins
- PTF Nolana time: 5 mins
- 50K records:
- Job 7988: https://bugfest-nolana.int.aws.folio.org/data-import/job-summary/02655751-ac7e-45ec-bb6a-b8b569060860 **
- Nolana BF time: 90 mins
- PTF Nolana time: 24 mins
- 100K records:
- Job 8015: https://bugfest-nolana.int.aws.folio.org/data-import/job-summary/6b0004e2-8c28-408a-a5be-41497d582ab3
- Nolana BF time: 165 mins (2 hrs, 45 mins)
- PTF Nolana time: 50 mins
- Ask Kitfox assistance in checking the configs for bugfest env (they should be as specified in the doc with recommended settings)
- When ensured that configs are equal to those set on PTF (confirm parameters that are currently set up on PTF envs) and run specified imports.
- Compare results: if configs were different and performance improved after adjustment - point to recommended settings, if results are different nonetheless - create new issue for Kitfox to investigate further the differences in env set up.
UXPROD-3725 NFR: Data Import Technical, NFR, & Misc work (Orchid R1 2023)
- relates to
PERF-341 [Nolana] [Data Import] Marc BIB