As a librarian migrating from one library system to FOLIO
I want the ability to import all my library's MARC Holdings records
Requirements Overview - Uploading MARC Holdings records
- Support creating MARC Holdings records via data import
- Typically librarians will only use import MARC Holdings records for migration. The number of records may be significant (I am gathering estimated counts from several libraries)
- Must support generating SRS UUID
- Must support storing MARC Holdings record in SRS [which field?]
- Apply HRID to a MARC Holdings record as defined in Settings > Inventory > HRID Handling
- HRID is configured then stored in 001 field
- If an existing value exists in 001 then move to 035 or field that has been mapped.
- MARC Holdings record must have [another value]
Requirements Overview - Uploading MARC Holdings records > creating and connecting FOLIO Holdings record
- Upon creating a MARC Holdings record, data import should create a FOLIO Holdings record in which MARC is the underlying source. This workflow is quite similar to the workflow to creating a MARC bib record and FOLIO instance record whereby there is a connection and the MARC bib record is the underlying source and is the only record that can be edited on the FOLIO UI.
- Related features
- Related Stories