Purpose: Pilot test the new PR preview process for a single feature with both frontend and backend component. This story represents the work needed for the backend developer.
- We will select the feature to use for this pilot when pulling this story into the sprint. Advice:
- Choose a particular feature planned for Q2, that has both front-end and back-end component and is not too big
- Then have the back-ender and front-ender use the PR preview funcitonality when developing the feature — in principle it should require just additional configuration on the branch.
- Assumption is that trying to do this for a Q1 feature now could put the feature at risk (given where we are relative to module release deadline)
- jakub and #devops channel is point of contact if there are any questions.
Documentation for the PR preview feature: https://dev.folio.org/guides/branch-preview-kubernetes/
Document for capturing thoughts and questions that occur as we work through this process: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ieuS-xzffHIr1JzRld88tMabmc0zumiBwmbTPTUSJqc/edit