Purpose: Define process to keep data in sync seamless when exchanged and shared by two or multiple apps.
NOTE: This ticket complements FOLIO-1273.
This area is relevant for interaction between, e.g.:
- the Acquisition app and Inventory, e.g. when a brief record is created in the Acquisition app, and then pushed to Inventory when the order is send to the vendor
- the eHoldings app and Inventory app
- the ERM app and Inventory app, e.g. selected holdings records
- the Inventory > Item record and the Check in screen, and e.g. piece number, Piece Description, and condition data as missing and damaged items
- the Inventory > Item record and the Check out screen, e.g. piece number, Piece Description, and condition data as missing and damaged items
- the Courses > Reserves record and Inventory>Item
- the Inventory > Item record and the Request Screen, e.g. Call number, Volume and Enumeration (
- the MARC Batch Loader and various apps (SRS, Inventory, Acq (orders/invoices))
- exchange of records between Inventory and SRS e.g.
- bibliographic records created and maintained in quickMARC accessing the SRS MARC directly, and pushed to Inventory
- holdings records maintained as MFHD - MARC 21 Format for Holdings Data, https://www.loc.gov/marc/holdings/ and then shared with Inventory > Holdings
- eHoldings app and ERM app
- eHoldings app and Order app
- How does mod-source-storage interact with quickMARC and Inventory?
- Do we need additional storage beyond mod-source-storage for MARC holdings?
- Cross RM Apps Capabilities and Dependencies - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1zyMQZlN-00GJJ-VzZNuBUGfGA0dwCrRY6_b_haDGGhI/edit#gid=466741108
- Inventory and MARCcat - planning to do a similar spreadsheet as for Cross RM Apps (for now we have the over-view document: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1b_DVh1CGaUQmFu6kMp4R44WUKMpMQ8fP5RVhaEv4eFk/edit)
- The Codex Contract (an example, which could serve as a model for interaction between apps) - https://github.com/folio-org/ui-search/blob/master/doc/codex-contract.md
- Discuss post by Tod Olson (uChicago); with comments from Vince and Jakub: https://discuss.folio.org/t/on-distributed-updates-and-eventual-consistency/1966