When editing a widget, validation is not executing when editing the date field. It’s possible to enter anything into it and “Save & close”. The date is not saved but no message is given to the user.
Steps to Reproduce:
- In the dashboard app, select Actions > New to open the "New widget" pane
- Enter the mandatory fields
- Select "Add filter"
- Set "Filter by" = "Start date" or "End date"
- Select the fixed date radio button (bottom radio button) and enter the date 08/10/20
- Select "Save & close" to display the widget
- Select "Edit" on the widget actions (ellipsis) menu
- Change the date to 4/5/21 - this is invalid as it is lacking zeros
- Select "Save & close", notice how no validation message is displayed
- Select "Edit" on the widget actions (ellipsis) menu to reopen the Edit pane
- Notice how the the date still reads 08/10/20
At step 9 validation should be executed and the user prevented from saving the widget.
Could be implemented along with
A specific example of this is shown in the mp4 - a date field with a missing “0” copied from a Date field on an Agreement (which does not include the 0) mp4: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gQw0EsK72cmHGRv8g57TOCVwFDnhgZYY/view?usp=sharing