When exporting licenses as CSV any quote characters inside a field should be escaped with an additional quote character (ASCII 34) rather than the backslash (ASCII 92).
i.e. text such as:
should be escaped as:
This is to ensure better compatibility when opening the resulting CSV with Excel and Google Sheets.
Note that the opencsv library version currently used is com.opencsv:opencsv:4.6 which uses the backslash (ASCII 92) as DEFAULT_ESCAPE_CHARACTER while the latest version com.opencsv:opencsv:5.2 uses the quote (ASCII 34) DEFAULT_ESCAPE_CHARACTER
The correct output can be tested as follows:
- Add new license
- Add the following text to a license term "internal note" (note that this text includes a newline as well as quote characters
- Find license in search and filter results and select it with checkbox
- Choose Actions -> Export selected as CSV
- Select all then click Save & Close
- Check in CSV that the quote characters are escaped with an additional escape character
For a final check the CSV can be opened in Excel and/or uploaded to Google Drive and opened with Google Sheets and checked that the text appears in the appropriate column.