Notices defined in the policy under the "Loan" category will always be sent to the current borrower; whereas, notices under the "Request" category will always be sent to the requester. See
UICIRC-321 for related story regarding cleanup of event triggers.
Given an item that's currently on loan by Patron A
When a recall is placed on that item by Patron B
Then a "recall" notice is sent to Patron A to inform that the item has been been recalled by another patron
(And a "recall confirmation" notice is sent to Patron B to confirm the receipt of their request)
Given a notice policy
Allow operator to add a notice that would be sent to the current borrower to indicate that the item has been recalled by another patron
- Add "Item recalled" as a "Triggering event" under "Loan" accordion section
- Remove "due date change" under "Request" accordion section
Original bug reported:
Steps to repro:
- Logged into folio-testing as diku_admin
- Found user with last name Kautzer and changed email to email@example.com
- Created a patron notice template for recall notice
- Created a patron notice policy called "send notices" and added the recall notice to that policy with trigger = recall
- Checked an item out to Kautzer (ABA Journal which is Text so it gets a fairly long loan policy)
- Created a recall for ABA Journal - This changed the due date appropriately in FOLIO
- Checked my gmail for a notice - No notice
- Spent about an hour changing things in the notice policies and retesting until I finally tried adding another patron notice triggered by Due date change
- This finally worked for me and sent a notice to the current borrower when the recall was submitted - Phew!
Expected: Can I propose a rename of the triggers to avoid confusion? They were suuuuper confusing to me. Something like the following:
- "Recall (sent to requester)" (currently called "Recall", I think)
- "Recall/other due date change (sent to borrower)" (currently called "Due date change", I think)
Actual: Completely confused, lots of time wasted
- Change patron-notice-policy-storage required interface version to 1.0;
- Replace "Recall loanee" to "Item recalled" in all places and fix tests if necessary.
- Change "Hold Expiration" to "Hold expiration"