IF I place a title level request (TLR) on a title, to which no item is tied, OR on a title, which has an item whose status IS NOT available + request type = Hold,
THEN 3 patron notice tokens are not populated:
I would expect them to populate, because this information actually lives on the instance (title), not on the item.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Log into Snapshot
- Create a notice template for TLR, containing these fields, and add to the TLR notice settings.
- Look for 3 instances:
- one having an item with status = Available
- one having no item
- one having an item with status DOES NOT EQUAL Available
- Create a TLR for the instance with the availale item. The request type = Page. Then, the item data is then pulled into the request.
- Create a TLR for the instance with no item. Select request type = Hold. Then, no item data is pulled into the request.
- Create a TLR for the instance with the not-available item. Select request type = Hold. Then, no item data is pulled into the request.
I expect the instance data to appear on all emails.
For the instance with no item, or the not-available item, no data is populated into the fields. This means that the patron doesn't know which title the request was placed on.
During the stand-up on 7 July, we discussed having a quick fix to pull in the instance data for these 3 tokens. Julie will take care of communication to the community + own getting a feature set up for the thorough new work that should happen regarding this.
Interested parties: stephaniesbuck